NJP Tastes Delicious!
Given a box of Auntie Anne's Pretzel Mix several months ago, I decided to put it to use. Making pretzels was more challenging than I expected, and molding them into letters was equally challenging, but well worth it in the end.
I decided to find out what NJP Pretzels would taste like. The process to make a pretzel is quite extensive, even with the mix already made for you. The steps are as follows:
- Mix dough mix, yeast, and water
- Knead dough for about 5-7 minutes
- Wrap in a bowl for an hour, some place warm
- Fill a bowl with water and baking soda
- Roll out strips of dough
- Dunk in water / baking soda and put on pan
- Bake in oven
- Pull out, butter, and add either cinnamon sugar or salt
- Eat and enjoy!
That's all there is to it! You can find more information about this recipe here.
On a side note, I just got back from a 3 day trip to Ann Arbor, my next blog post will have images and details from that trip!